Monday, November 1, 2010

A little excitement on a Monday night!




We love our adventures at the beach. After a storm we like to cruise the beach looking for washed up treasures. Tonight we had a some excitement with our tires getting a little stuck. Ruben wanted to dig us out, so we let him work at it for while and then Tres let a little air out of the tires and the truck pulled right out. We didn't find to many treasures, but we did find at least 20 dead birds! I was really suprised to see so many. Not sure why, but they were every where on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. We went to the beach today and also saw many dead birds - all of the same kind, whose name I am not sure - a diving bird I think, as the beak had the snorkel-type hole on top. Also thousands, THOUSANDS of dead jellyfish. So many it was hard to walk on the beach without stepping in mushy piles :( Never seen anything even remotely like it. I heard there was a huge wash up of dead star fish the other day too. Very sad to see this, and I wonder what has caused it. If you hear anything, I'd love to know more.

    ReplyDelete