Friday, March 4, 2011

Dinner at the Tuckers

Tres and I being silly for Ruben with the camera. I love seeing the pictures the boys take. I have been very surprised, what I view after their turn with the camera.

We eat dinner at the table with the whole family 5 out of 7 nights a week. It is only natural at this point. Those other 2 or 3 nights of the week we're still at the table, but we might not have all of us there. We have an incredible bond through our meals at home. I feel it is the heart of our home. As the mother and wife I pursue this routine, this essential part of human life, food! as a labor of love. I adore that Tres also feels the value of our meal time,our family time. 


1 comment:

  1. I like that you thought to blog about this. Eating dinner together as a family IS so important. I try to put a nice meal on the table as often as possible. And even though my boys are young enough to make dinner a messy and loud experience...and even though they sometimes are not too excited about trying new foods and would probably much prefer it if I simply served macaroni and cheese every night...a nice family meal together is one of those small and simple things that I believe will make something great out of my little family. Clean floors, clean bathrooms...boys don't grow up and remember that. But they do grow up and remember their mother's home cooking. I think it makes them feel nurtured and loved. And I know I've told you this before, but I think of you often when I'm preparing a meal. And it gives me strength. I know you're doing the same thing for the men and boys in your life that you love, and I feel a sense of common purpose. And I remember that feeling of being nurtured by you as you shared meals with me and our sons. Thank you for the great memories, friend. Thinking of you and yours.

    ReplyDelete