Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A hike across the dyke...another family adventure.



We were blessed with some warmed weather. Warm enough to leave down and wool behind and go in fleece. We knew the water would be to high to get to the dunes. I didn't think today would be a day to take my shoes off and cross the flowing stream. We did though and it was exciting and cold to get to the other side. Spencer on my back and Ruben on Tres' we crossed the flowing water to get to the dunes. In a previous post...maybe frog eggs and ice, we were in this same area, but the dyke was a different access. This wilderness area is so wonderful. We are so lucky to have such easy access to secluded nature so close to home. This adventure as any other is what fills me up and I realize the power of this family time. I thank my adoring husband and our children for the love of the outdoors. This is one of the many moments that fill me up. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel so lucky to live here too. So much natural, wild space. Your adventure looks like a lot of fun. My fondest memories of family time as a kid, are outings like these.

    ReplyDelete