Friday, May 6, 2011

Field trip day for Ruben


Ruben and Camp building a model of dune topography


Mr. Perry giving a lesson on how the dunes got here.  How bout that view for a classroom!

Wildlife Biologist Cindy Burns gives Ruben's class a lesson on animals in the dune area.
This was such a fun day and I feel so lucky to have been here with Ruben and all of his classmates. This is what I call a real day of learning. All children were engaged with every single activity and were exercised and energized at each station too.  Right up our alley...the school of the outdoors, now that is what I am talking about!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could have been there, too. Camp loves that kind of stuff and I love when he comes home talking about it. I'm glad you were able to get some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved this too. Sounds really interesting! I hear you - this is what learning is about. What a great trip.

    ReplyDelete