Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What do you do when the kids are in school?...

I love this view of the dunes, forest, mountains, and creek.

Self portrait with the Rhododendrons.

Sutton Creek coming close to the ocean.

Sutton Creek from the foot bridge. I love the meadow in far ground, it used to be a homestead back in the day.
I have been taking advantage of the weather lately while the kids are at school and getting my self out in nature, exploring new areas and revisiting my favorites. Today I was solo but when I am lucky I get a friend to join me. The first few weeks of school I was rushing home after dropping kids at school to work on chores and home responsibilities, it took only a few weeks for me to come to the conclusion that this time was sacred to a mother and I should be using it differently...and so I have. I try to get on the trails, kayak, or with a friend while the kids are gone at school for that short three hour period. It has done wanders to my mood and feeling refreshed to tackle the home responsibilities. Thank you Tres for encouraging me to use my time more wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment