Monday, February 27, 2012

Gearing up for biking



We do pretty good at riding all year round, but it does seem like these bikes sat in the garage untouched for the last couple of months. The season has been offering a few clear days lately and since a bike ride is so refreshing and energizing we have given our tires a few pumps of air, moved our bikes to the front of the garage, and taken them out riding just a bit lately. Here is a morning ride before we head to school and work. Pancho always appreciates a good run too, before he retires to his pillow throne for the afternoon. Spencer loves to ride to the "fire house" down the street from our neighborhood, it is just a fun ride.  While on the subject of bike riding, I must mention that I have signed up for Cycle Oregon this year! So cycling is starting to be a daily thing for me. I have never been hard core about much, I like to dabble here and there in all sorts of fun and recreation. Yet Cycle Oregon is pretty hard core to my standards, and I am terrified and ecstatic at the same time for such an event. One more thing that just delights me over this event is...I will be joining my sister for this event! Oh what fun it is going to be! Serious hard work and serious fun! I am excited to share more in this space about my adventures in bike riding over the next six months. Check out cycle Oregon website and blog for more details on the ride and history   www.cycleoregon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment