Sunday, September 9, 2012

~Gratitude Sunday~


G r a t i t u d e * S u n d a y

{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitude's.}


  Throughout the week I've felt grateful for:
 
 
*Sunny days with a cool fall breeze, reminds me summer is still here and fall is just around the corner.
 
*Fresh caught salmon for dinner. My dad caught two silvers from his boat, he gave half a fish to us. We baked it and then used leftovers for pate. So delicious and nourishing.
 
*Tres making meals for the family, it is so nice to eat home cooked meal by someone you love and loves you. It makes to food taste extra good.
 
*A good start to a new school year. We were on time, well rested, fed, lunches packed, and homework finished. Off to a good start indeed!
 
*Jake taking his placement test at the community college, this is a one step at a time process. Yet I am proud of him for taking the first step. Soon he'll be enrolled at the community college taking classes. I am grateful to that he is following through with his plan.
 
*Apples, apples, apples! This year's apple trees at my parents house are full. Last weekend I made apple pie and cider. We did it again this weekend too. So many to process. It is such a treat to use our apple press that we have had in our family for many years. It is like a trip down memory lane using that old but very reliable apple press. What I am even more grateful for is pressing apples with my brother Mike and then the next weekend my brother Aaron. Bonding over apples. Next weekend pressing to make hard cider. Oh boy the apples just keep giving.
 
*I am so grateful for the flexibility in my work schedule. I was able to adjust a few things in my day to be able to meet the kids at home from their first days of school getting off the bus. I feel this is an important piece to supporting the kids in their work at school. knowing  someone will be home when you get there just feels good. I am so grateful to be able to do that for them.
 
*My cousin Avery is home, after a bad accident and several days in hospital, he is finally at his home. Recovering in his own home with his family around him. I am so grateful he is going to be ok even though the road to recovery will be long.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment