Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gratitude*Sunday

G r a t i t u d e * S u n d a y
 
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.}
 
Throughout the week I have felt grateful for...
 
-Lots of huckleberries ready to be picked. We have so many in our yard. I love just eating then right of the branch. They are so pretty too.
 
-More flowers blooming in garden and veggies still producing in our yard. Having plenty for the Rosie the rabbit and the flock of hens.
 
-Watching Spencer drawing in his notebook. Drawing pictures and writing sentences about them. I am so grateful that he takes the time to express himself this way. I love seeing what he draws and writes. The way he gets himself set up with his pencils and how he likes to sit outside or bring the notebook with us on an outdoor adventure.
 
-Spending time with Jake. He is funny and witty. I do love his humor. I cherish the time we have together. I know that at his age (almost 18), spending time with Mom is not always "cool" but he indulges me and well I think he enjoys it too.
 
-Time at the beach is something I am always grateful for. I love being there with my family and even alone. It is a sacred place that I love.
 
-Support from my parents. They have always been supportive to me. Even as an adult I can count on them to support my ideas, ambitions, and goals. I am lucky to have parents like them.
 
-Bike riding, this is an easy and quick activity to do alone or with the kids. Gets my heart racing and feels so good to just ride. Such a stress reliever and allows quality time with the kids. I love being able to just hop on my bike and take a ride.
 
-Time in the hammock. I know that it is getting close to the time of the year when the hammock gets put away for a while. The time I spend just relaxing in hammock, resting, listening, viewing the outdoors, is so precious.
What are you feeling grateful for these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment