Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Warmshowers

I have always admired those cyclist who peddle miles and miles exploring the country by bicycle. What an adventure! I met two gentlemen in their seventies that cycled from Virginia to Oregon. Florence was their final destination. They told me about warmshowers.org and I was sold. I thought what a wonderful way to meet healthy, dedicated people with a mission and story. I registered on the warmshowers website and w/in 6 hour Ii had an email from team timu needing a place to crash. It was their first warmshowers too. What came to such a surprise is I am the only place in florence as a warmshowers host!!! With so many cyclists riding 101 I bet there will be many more guests. I am inspired to write a warmshowers info letter to the editor of siuslaw news. Who knows maybe florence will step up and support these cyclists peddling their heart out and facing their fears each day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment