Friday, November 22, 2013

My weekend in the woods

I had no luck as a huntress. However being in the woods for three nights four days was so satisfying and fulfilling. We camped in the tent and stayed so warm and cozy with the woodstove in the tent. We cooked on the fire, hiked 6 to eight hours a day, went to bed early and woke early, and stood still in a massive forest. Breathtaking really. Fairview is majestic. One night, about 4 am I heard a very loud scream of a cougar it sounded so close! I was terrified! And didn't want to get up to pee. I laughed at myself later , but I will never forget the sound of that scream. An incredible experience, I can't imagine what it would be like if I had actually taken an elk down! The idea of freezer full of wild meat has me thinking I'll be back next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment