Saturday, January 2, 2016

Goodbye 2015 and Hello 2016

We spent the New Years and the eve with the Endresens at Black Butte Ranch and with Katlyn and her boys. New Year's Eve we took the boys  to Hoodoo mt ski resort for their first snowboard lesson. The boys did great! Ruben is a natural, however Spencer stated he wanted to try tubing next time. We'll encourage him to try snowboarding again. It has been 13 years since I had skied. The great thing about it, is it's like riding a bike! I picked it right up and had a great time! 
After getting our rentals, signing up for lessons, lift tickets and off to the lift. I couldn't help but to think of my own father. I had such an appreciation for all those years he took all of us kids skiing year after year. Not only the cost, but the patience, perseverance, and all around good attitude under such potentially high stress time. I am so grateful to have grown up skiing, and easy it came back to me after all that time. I guess the 13 years was me being pregnant, breastfeeding, or caring for young children. I don't regret missing it and I'm so happy to share it with my boys now! 
We headed home to the coast on New Years Day, we hiked into a Sahallie Falls to see an incredible waterfall with the biggest icecycles ever! Our next stop was Belknap hot springs. We took a quick soak to warm up and soothe tired muscles. 
On our way home we all agreed the day was perfect. We greeted 2016 as a family, adventuring, being outdoors, and being together. Each year continues to get better with my tribe. Welcome 2016! To many more adventures as a family and individually, I look forward to it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment