Monday, August 2, 2010

Badlands Visitor Center




This was an excellent Visitor Center. The small building in the middle of nowhere, was packed full of the Lakota Sioux history, wildlife, and warnings for all of the toxic remnants of the artillary fields. I think this was one of the best we had been to, I think it was because the info and history was so well layed out and the pictures of the Lakota were amazing. The part on education, gave me a lump in my throat. They took native children away from their families and put them in a boarding school in Michigan, cut their hair, and forbid them to speak their native language. I already knew this took place, but every time I read it or remember it, I feel a pain that is great, but never as deep as the Native American Indians have felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment