Monday, August 2, 2010

Rattlesnake whisperer...




Just kidding no whispering here, just me screaming in the background, "I think this is a really bad idea honey!" the only good thing about this, is the rattlesnake was road kill and had been dead for a just a little while. The boys have not let more than an hour go by before they ask about snakes, rattlers in particular. So when Tres spotted this rattle snake dead on the side of the road, he stopped, picked it up to show the boys. They were impressed, I was freaked out. Then he shook the snake to make the rattler shake its sound. He did this to let the boys know what they sound like, it sounded like the snake was real, it kinda scared Spencer and me a little. Then just a few minutes later I heard Tres ask Ruben for "the jar" we have several jars, that have been the homes to many...grasshopers, lizards, skinks, ants,...and now a rattler. It is strapped to the roof, this will not go in the car. I have to lay down the law at some point.

2 comments:

  1. just a note...this was not in the Badlands, but in between the north and south unit of the Badlands.

    ReplyDelete