Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simple gifts from the kitchen.

I have decided that the kitchen is my hobby and art. Many people make beautifu things; scarfs, mittens, pottery, poetry, or even sculptures made of scrap metals. I have found much satisfaction and awe from the time I have spent in the kitchen with mediums such as tomatoes, cilantro

wild mushrooms, farmers market beets and pie pumpkins. I love art and appreciate the talents of many others. I have always wanted to be an artist. It has occurred to me that I am an artist. An artist of the abundance that is around me, an artist of food. My favorite medium is organic and local, and things that look and taste good. Salsa! Beets! Soup! ah so many more...Such loveliness inspires me to make good things. I declare my food...art!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a good time was had by all! why didn't mom get in on the face painting?

    ReplyDelete