Monday, March 28, 2011

Done painting and ready for cabinets!

Jake helped me paint. He did the ceiling and I did the walls. Now we are ready to have the cabinets installed then floor, counter tops...the list is getting a little shorter. This remodel has been a little more stressful than living through a major addition to our home. I guess that was because we weren't living in it just next to it. The kitchen will be so wonderful when it is done. I look forward to being in the new space. I love cooking and being in the kitchen. I am missing it actually. I am certainly cooking during all of this just not in very fun conditions. Well soon enough it will all be put back together. An exciting surprise to my family...no more microwave. I purchased hood to the range with only a light and a fan. We used to have a microwave as a hood with a fan and light. I am ready to get rid of the microwave. I know it is quick and easy, but I don't think it is as good for us as warming our food in our cast iron or in a toaster oven. We haven't had one since we started our remodel, so I figured this would be good time to get rid of it permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment