Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More summer fun on the river

beautiful boy

little explorer

tadpole hunting

adventrues on the river

our favorite swim spot on the river
We made maybe our last camping trip of the summer in Mapleton along the Siuslaw River. Here we are exploring the banks of the river looking for tadpoles, frogs, rapids to float in, and just having a great time. I realized that in my life I have not missed one summer of spending time along the banks of this river, nor has any of my children. Now that just warms my heart to have had these memories and now to share them with my children. This was the first summer the boys had paddled themselves in the flowing river in a kayak, swam down the river with no help from an adult, spent ALL day long on this river. Good times here and I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment