Monday, November 7, 2011

In Ruben's classroom



I have been getting time in each of the boy's classroom. This week I will start an art curriculum in Ruben's class called Meet the Masters. I am very excited to have this opportunity, I taught this to Jake's class when he was a first and second grader. We'll be meeting a famous artist and then creating a piece of our own art, inspired by that artist we learned about. I do love to come to the classrooms and get to know the students and see how my boys interact with their peers and teacher. I remember my dad coming to school a lot when I was a kid. He would eat lunch with us, I was so proud to have him there. Ruben let me take a picture of the contents of his desk and I was so delighted when I saw this corduroy and zip pencil keeper  in his desk. It was a gift from Abby at http://infusionfibers.wordpress I love to see handmade gifts being put to such good use and to have a little piece of Abby's energy tucked in Ruben's desk is enough to put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I thought I recognized it when I saw it, and then I read your words. Made my night.

    ReplyDelete