Monday, October 7, 2013

A Fall Harvest

The garden is winding down. I pulled the last if the carrots. Tomatillo were picked too. Some plants have gone to seed already, I plan to have the preschoolers help with that harvest. A great opportunity for fine motor work and a discussion on the life cycle of plants. I am sad to see the green if the garden go. This year's side garden worked out better than I had imagined. I am already thinking about planting next spring. I'll be putting theses beds to rest soon and opening the garden gate to let the chickens do their work in this area too. I am grateful to have the space and time to tend to this garden. I love that the garden brings both peace and excitement to me, & not to mention the obvious... Great real food too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment