Friday, February 17, 2012

Is it Spring yet?

I was just starting to think about spring. Thinking of ordering seeds, starting more of my garden this year from seeds, and not starts. I even got a phone call from a friend, to tell me my plot of garden space at his place has been tilled and covered. We got to talk about fertilizer too. I have some new space at my house that will be transformed into garden space this year too. I am so excited for that too, since it gets way more sun than any other space in our yard. I was sitting here just imagining all the good hard work gardening requires and how satisfying it is. Then it hailed like crazy for several minutes. The ground was covered, everything was white. It looked like snow! The temperature dropped too. I grabbed my camera and walked around the yard to find this little patch of hopeful early bloomers, covered in hail. I finally went back inside and sat by the wood stove. I decided I had better soak up all the indoor coziness, it is still winter after all. Soon I'll be outdoors with dirt on my hands. For now I will enjoy what winter has to offer...slow and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment